Women, Infants, & Children (WIC)
Tri-County Health Department Transition
Tri-County Health Department will separate into 3 different health departments January 1, 2023. WIC services will transfer to the new health departments automatically and remain the same. Your benefits, office location and staff all remain the same.
Updated information for WIC families regarding baby and toddler formula shortages and recalls can be found at the Colorado WIC website. Information includes:
- What is causing the shortage
- Tips to locate formula
- What to do if you have run out of formula
- Formula options for WIC families
Colorado WIC information is also available for Healthcare providers assisting WIC families with their formula needs.
The WIC Program is completing all appointments by phone and Zoom.
- WIC is currently enrolling new families.
- Call your nearest WIC office to schedule an appointment (see locations listed below).
- Food is purchased at local grocery stores with an eWIC card.
- Appointments are completed by phone, some classes and lactation consultations by Zoom. Zoom instructions. (Instrucciones para usar Zoom)
WIC provides free nutritious foods and nutrition education to improve the health of participating families that include pregnant, breastfeeding and postpartum women, infants and children up to the age of 5 years. .
- Good nutrition during pregnancy, after delivery and for young children is so important for good growth.
- Foods on WIC contain specific nutrients to promote good health.
- WIC provides eating tips, parenting support and referrals to other programs you are interested in.
- All families are welcome - moms, dads, grandparents, kinship care and foster parents.
- WIC has staff trained in lactation to support you on your breastfeeding journey! Click here for breastfeeding resources.
- Colorado WIC Participant Rights and Responsibilities: English Spanish Russian Arabic Burmese Nepali Somali
It’s Easy to Join
- Call the office you would like to go to from the list below.
- You may also request an appointment online by clicking the Request An Appointment button on this page.
- If a family member participates in Medicaid, SNAP or TANF they will automatically qualify financially.
- This pre-screening tool will show you if you qualify.
What do families get?
- Nutritious foods to improve your health. This is the list of foods on the program (español and other languages.)
- Free nutrition counseling with Registered Dietitian Nutritionists and caring, qualified staff you can trust and who care about you.
- Breastfeeding support provided by staff trained in lactation.
- Referrals to other community partners to assist your family, for example dental care or SNAP.
Learn helpful tips about shopping, which foods to purchase and so much more.
If you have questions about shopping with your eWIC card please let us know by clicking the button below.
Questions about how to feed your baby? WIC will be offering live on-line Infant Feeding Information Sessions. Contact your WIC office to register to attend a session.
WIC has staff trained in lactation to support you! WIC also has a variety of breastpumps to meet your needs. Breastfeeding resources can be found here and include videos on how to assemble and use WIC breast pumps.
Our Baby Cafe is going virtual! Baby Cafe USA is a national network of free breastfeeding drop-ins, combining information with a relaxed, fun environment for moms to chat and learn from experts and each other. Join us every Tuesday at 1 pm through video chat. If you would like to attend, fill out the short form here and you will receive an email with instructions on how to join the Baby Cafe. If you do not receive a reply after filling out the form, email Jen at email@example.com. All are welcome.
Call the Tri-County Health Department Office near you
WIC services are provided by phone from all locations
Monday - Friday
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Days and hours may vary by location
Aurora East: Colfax/Chambers
15400 E 14th Place
Aurora, CO 80011
Aurora South: Chambers/Hampden 15192 E Hampden Avenue
Aurora, CO 80014
Aurora West: Alton/Colfax
9000 E Colfax
Aurora, CO 80011
Fully Remote Services
30 South 20th Avenue
Brighton, CO 80601
410 South Wilcox Street
Castle Rock, CO 80104
7190 Colorado Blvd Suite 200 Commerce City, CO 80022
4857 S Broadway
Englewood, CO 80113
9350 Heritage Hills Circle
Lone Tree, CO 80124
North Broadway: 70th/Broadway 7000 North Broadway
Denver, CO 80221
1401 W 122nd Avenue
Westminster, CO 80234